Saturday, August 25, 2012

Art Chic Nails, Perfect for Art Lovers!

So today, I want to show you how to create this cute paint "splatter" nails. It is a very simple nail look that many people will compliment you on(believe me, I wore this nail look for about a week now and I have gotten endless amounts of comments on how pretty they look).

So lets get STARTED!!

So the nail polishes that you need are:
-One Nail polish that will act as the background/base color (I use white, but you can use black, or whatever color you like)
-5 Different colors of your choice (I used 4 reg. nail polish and a nail art pen)

(from L-R) Milani HighSpeed FastDry in #22 White on the Spot, Revlon #571 Posh, Milani Nail Art #705 Draw In Pink, Milani Nail Art #707 Blue Print

Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen "Red"(Top), Sally Hansen Color Quick "Purple"(Bottom)
 The MATERIALS needed:
-Paper (I used index cards)
-Toothpick
1) Apply clear base coat to act as a protection for your nails and to also prevent nails from yellowing.
2) Apply your background color. I am using white because it reminds me of a white canvas that your getting ready to draw on.
3) Then add a drop of your first color nail polish choice on a piece of paper(I'll be using green first) and using a toothpick, dip it into the nail polish and start dotting your nails. Then start swerving the toothpick from side to side as if you are painting.
4) Let that dry for 30 seconds or so and then move on to the next color of choice. And do the same thing for dotting and swerving.

5) Keep doing this until you are satisfied with the colors on the nails.
Here, I added red

Then added blue then pink
6) After you are done, let it dry completely for about 2 minutes then add top coat to seal in the design.

There are many ways to do this for example I started at the tip of the nail and then gradually worked my way towards the middle or working from the bottom of the nail and working your way up(see my thumb for example). This is a pretty easy nail art that can be done with BOTH hands since its just a bit of a sloppy nail look that can look chic at the same time.

If you have questions or comments, please type down below.

Thank you so much and have fun with this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment